Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 30: So exactly how much does it cost to buy happiness?

So I got rejected. Which sucks. But, the upside is, heartbreak is a wonderful excuse to shop, vacation and just generally spend money like it's going out of style. And it totally works. Money does in fact buy happiness!




I bought:
Theory suit

It cost:
$250 (good deal, right?)

It made me feel:
happy-ish. Suit is kind of a boring item but necessary. And it is totally a hot lawyer suit (I already have a hot secretary dress, now I need like a hot boss outfit.) And it was like 60% cheaper than if I bought it in Neiman Marcus or some place.


I bought:
Cute Tahari sweater with patent leather belt

It cost:
$70

It made me feel:
Happy! And since it came with a belt it's kind of like I got two items for the price of one.

See how easy that was? I would have bought more but had to come back so I can go get free margaritas and then head off to a Halloween party. Tonight I plan to buy online: black pumps, J Crew coat, and possibly a plane ticket to somewhere cool for winter break. Oh and I need a sweater dress. Combined with the other major source of happiness, alcohol, I think this just might be the happiest day ever :).

No comments: