Friday, October 10, 2008

DAY 10: Guys at the Gym


"The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: if we're going to charge $10 and hour we can't call it jumping up and down."

- Rita Rudner


So there was salsa dancing this week, which was fun. I managed to not get groped too bad, scored a free piece of fruity gum, danced with a dude with halitosis, and found the perfect alcoholic drink ("Dark Knight") courtesy of the cool ass bartender at the Glas Kat. It was a fabulous night.

Gym, great place for eye candy

Other than salsa, the week was pretty much the usual. Work, gym, home. Not as dismal as it may sound though. Oh the gym. Lots of eye candy there. Really I go to the gym to work out, be healthy, look fly. That's motivation enough. However, the fact that there are a lot of fine asses at my gym is also great motivation. Noon is the best time to go. I think all the fine asses take lunch breaks at my gym. Then there is Fernando - aye mamacita. He is a gym instructor there. He teaches Ultimate Conditioning. That class will kick your ass. It's worth it though, to see him, and hear his sexy accent: estrech to thee rrrright, estrech to thee lef. All the male trainers there are pretty fly tooo. There is one who is not. The rest though, niiiice. I get to look at them everyday (well like 3 -4 times a week).

Gym, a great place to pick up chicks?

I never have thought of the gym as a place to pick up dudes. I probably would never (I say probably because you never know - I am a woman and it's my prerogative to change my mind). Also, not a big fan of getting picked up at the gym. I prefer them to check me out, me check them out and we go about our merry way. It's kinda gross if you think about it. They are all sweaty and smelly, you are all sweaty and smelly. Definitely not feeling your sexiest, or at least your "let's get up close and personalest." (I just made up a word btw.) Picking up someone at the gym probably is the hardest thing ever, too. A friend asked me once how to approach a girl that is on the machine next to him, while she has her headphones on. I believe I told him that's probably not even gonna happen. Besides touching her to get her attention (which would probably freak her out) or following her around the gym (which would probably freak her out) I couldn't think of any other way. Somebody should write a book or something.

I would like to give a shout out to a particular trainer with the tattoos that always brightens my day with his smile and appropriate compliments (like he did today), and prevents me from killing myself on the various weight machine apparatuses. Thanks dude!!!

Looking forward to the weekend. There may be some seamen in the next posts, it being fleet week an all.

S.

No comments: