Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 16: This is harder than it looks


My true loves


First, the good news.

Absolutely no sex was had by me this week. Not even any making out. Or any flirting even. It was a very PG week. Also I'm like thisclose to fitting into my skinny jeans (which I bought a year ago and have never worn, the tag is still on) and I saw a Daily Show taping and I drank beer and watched debates and read way too many law books and bought some really cute boots online in class the other day while one of the annoying overachiever types was going on about something and discovered a really neat coffee shop up in Harlem that I'm going to make my second home come finals and I'm going to hang out with an old (and crazy) friend from San Francisco this weekend AND there's no chance of me having sex with anyone while doing it because I'm on my period.
(Please excuse my run-on sentences, I've had way too much coffee.)

Now, the not-so-good news.
So I was doing so well the last couple of weeks and not talking to the Boy at all and even decided I couldn't go to France because he's on the same continent. Then he emailed me and said we should talk soon and I said yes (because there's probably only a slight chance we'll end up actually having said scheduled convo anyway, right?) Only somehow that's turned into exchanging lots of emails over the past couple of days which say things like "Would be nice to see you more," "too bad you weren't there," and "miss talking to you." Which really means absolutely nothing beyond a) he's bored and so remembered I exist and/or b) he wants to whine about something and needs a sympathetic ear, but me being such a goddamn sappy GIRL I start to think that it actually means something even though men don't usually mean things like that, or at least don't mean them for long, and MJ and S and I have spent way too many hours looking over He's Just Not That Into You and determined he's just not that into me. So I decided the cure for this is to just have as much random sex as possible. Or a relationship or something. But that's hard.

I think I might have messed up this whole man sabbatical thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Lisa! Sorry I have been so out of touch. I suck at getting the whole time difference thing right in my head so I know when to call people on the East Coast. But to make matters worse, I dropped my cell phone in the toilet while it was flushing, and someone was texting! Maybe this would be a good strategy to get rid of men's phone numbers, because as of now I don't have anyone's number. As for France boy, I think you should impail his ass on the Eiffel Tower. LOL! Much love. Email me your # so I can call you as soon as soon as my cell phone finishes drying out!