Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 22 1/2: I fall off the wagon




So technically it's not tomorrow but I'm writing my blog post now because I've had just enough wine tonight to achieve a moment of clarity and still write more or less coherently. Here, with no particular order or sense of reason, are my thoughts for the week:

I managed to break man sabbatical and not even get any sex out of it.
At least S. got some AND it was her birthday. Mine just consisted of a bunch of confusing conversations (and sadly "conversations" includes some Facebook messages.) If that makes no sense, it's because it doesn't make any sense.

On a completely unrelated note...
If you text a boy you've sort of been involved with for a couple of years, and he texts back "who is this, why don't I have your number in my phone?" that's not a good sign, is it?

I have an Obama action figure.
Seriously. It's pretty badass. I bought him what I think was a hipster Obama fundraising party in an art gallery in the Village on Friday night. Besides selling regular action figures, they auctioned off action figures that had been modified by artists. I wanted to get the Obama on a cross but it was really racist the way they painted him white. Also, that one was $300.

On the plus side, I haven't had sex with anyone.
I am so getting good at this having guy friends thing. I don't even want to have sex with any of the men I know in NYC anymore. Ok well except maybe one or two. But I haven't actually done it. I haven't done laundry in three weeks because I can just wear granny panties when I run out of clean decent-looking underwear. It's great.

On the minus side, did I mention I am having zero sex?


No comments: