
"I could really use one of these right now!!" - S
I was talking with MJ on the phone the other day, boy problems, life problems, shopping problems. The usual. She was most definitely dropping some mad knowledge bombs on me. It got me to thinking about something I always tell people / or think about when I learn new stuff, why don't they have a class for this stuff? You know like a Boys 101, or Job 101, or Misc. Relationships 101. I mean that would really help when you step out in to the adult world, so you aren't all, "WTF, what the H-E double hockey sticks is going on, I feel like and idiot, why didn't someone tell me this sooner I promise I would have listened." I kinda wanted to lay out 30 things I think you should know (got the idea from the 30 things you must know/ do/ have from thefrisky.com) before you turn 30 (mostly things I have learned and would like to learn). So here goes:
You should know
- How to change a tire, pump gas etc.
- Make a fabulous meal for one or two
- Take care of yourself when you are sick
- Clean: dust, vacuum, mop, dishes, etc ( I have met people who don't and it's sad)
- Get drunk or really really buzzed without throwing up (this one can be a struggle - helps to have someone watching your back on this one)
- That sexy doesn't mean more skin - it's and inside thing - sometimes your favorite pair of jeans and a tank top is "sexy" enough.
- How to dress for your body type: all trends aren't for everyone
- How to ay your bills on time
- How to ask for help
- The difference between Friends and Acquaintances
- That friends = Family too - and ones that you can choose yourself
- How to say no
- That whether he calls or doesn't call doesn't change how fabulous you are
- Guys chase. Women decide. Period.
- If he's not interested, he is not interested aka no means no
- When to let go of all relationships in general but most importantly the romantic ones because they can be the hardest
- How to enjoy being by yourself
- That no matter what, there is always a reason to smile - so find it!
- That just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean you have to
- That you being you is fabulous
- How to ask for help
- How to give hugs
- How to bargain shop
- That sometimes if only the creepy, old, homeless doods are trying to pick you up it's because all the normal cute ones are pussys and too scared to - so man up and let him know your interested - then back off - see rule #14 - thanks MJ
- That if he is interested it doesn't matter what you do, you won't chase him away (with in reason - don't stalk the poor boy) on the other side if he's not interested everything you do is probably the wrong thing - see #14
- How to paint your own toe and fingernails
- How to rock an interview
- How to carve a turkey (who wouldn't like to learn that)
- How to travel alone - like at least to NY or something
- How to love yourself
xoxo
S*
No comments:
Post a Comment