This particular Monday would have been virtually painless had I not been missing out on wine tasting trip to Napa/Sonoma. While several of my friends were off frolicking in vineyards and imbibing I was jealously staring at the cases of wine in my office wishing I could conduct my own tasting. I was comforted by my extra remaining vacation day and the rich, cognac filled chocolates that keep finding their way onto my desk.
Thankfully my boss, as usual, announced "I think it's time for cho
colate." Had it not been for those little morsels keeping my blood sugar up the 30 minute wait for and then ride on the packed muni with broken air conditioning could have gotten ugly. Public transportation is awkward.Seeing the guy who scoured your face with his Brillo pad beard during a game of intoxicated tonsil hockey on the muni is awkwardly, humours. When I walked on the train yesterday, I did a double take and restrained myself from saying, "Hi! I haven't seen you since the night you shouted in my face "I'm not going to "F*** you tonight." But, since that was the funniest and bluntest rejection I've personally experienced, I sat down next to him and small talked until Powell. If I'm ever presumptuously rejected again I can only hope it's half as funny.
*W
No comments:
Post a Comment