"This is for old white people anyway."
So Day One went well. I went down to Bryant Park to see Opera in the Park with The Kid. Which was really great for the first two minutes or so, at which point it started pouring rain. But all turned out well because we ended up playing Mario Kart at Dave and Busters instead, and I got my mocha fix at Pret a Manger. (Best mocha ever. One of these days I'll get around to trying the food...) I realized that I've never really had straight guy friends - either they're gay, or I have sex with them/someone in their group, or I don't have sex with them and then it's awkward and we don't talk. So maybe no-sex month will help me finally get some straight guy friends.
"But I just wanted to ask him about Tropic Thunder!"
Day Two is off to a good start. I only have one class on Thursdays, and no class this Friday, so my weekend officially started at noon! Well technically 12:05, because I had to do a short audition speech for a moot court team I'm applying to. In true San Francisco liberal hippie style, I did mine about how I think New York City should institute a citywide composting system.
L. says though that I was flirting with The Kid and Johnny Danger when we went to go steal free food from this lunchtime speaking event. (note: this is not San Francisco Johnny Danger. This is someone else who is way more of a Johnny Danger than the original Johnny Danger.) I didn't even mean to! But maybe subconsciously I was.
Going to write part two of this post later - I'm going to a Korean Thanksgiving celebration, then watching the debates, then off to Bar Review (which is basically just drinking at a bar, but with everyone else at the law school.) So lots of challenges. Wish me luck!
Part Two - I almost have to cut a bitch
Yay, made it through the night without focusing on boys and actually managed to have some fun. I went to this great Korean dinner thing with free food and karaoke - we did an amazing performance of Don't Stop Believing. In fact, we were so into that we almost missed the Biden-Palin debate. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on your view) we made it in time to catch every painful minute. I'll spare you my opinion on that. Bar Review was fine but unremarkable, I think the ridiculous amounts of sugar, alcohol and coffee I had today finally caught up with me.
One thing did happen that really annoyed me. It's got nothing to do with men or sex but you get to hear about it anyway. I was walking with a friend through the law school and noticed a reception was going on, and they had Grey Goose. Now, there's always receptions and things going on around the school and we (ok, fine I) consider it my right to go in and get free food/booze whenever possible. And as it turns out, this was one I legitimately could have gone to. I wanted to catch up with my friend though so I took the glass out into the hallway with her so we can talk. Well not two seconds pass and this blond woman sees me and starts going on about something. I'm not really paying attention, so she starts talking to me like she doesn't think I understand English, telling me to make sure she gets the glass back. What? Since when is wine glass theft such a problem? It was so condescending and rude. Some of the workers explained that she was the catering manager, and talked down to them all the time. Grr. My pet peeve is people who think they're important enough to treat other people like crap but really aren't. If you're going to be condescending, make sure you've got the status to back it up.
Ok, it's technically Friday now in my time zone so I guess this concludes Day Two.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment