Friday, October 3, 2008

DAY THREE: Way to crush my dreams cabbie


PART 1

That picture is kinda what it felt like sitting at the DMV for 1.5 hours. As it relates to the challenge, no temptation there. I know I was surrounded by San Francisco's finest but I was able to maintain control and not make out with the homeless guy in the front row. Phew! I almost blew it. Ladies you will be glad to know I am fully re-licensed so we don't have to be scared to go to the club anymore. YAY!

The cab ride home was much more interesting. My cabbie was the talking sort - depends on my mood if that's a good thing or not. He opened the conversation with, "you are beautiful." AWWW!! Then he asked where I was from - I usually get that, people can't seem to figure out I am black. I said from the Bay, he said "oh you're not from Africa." I said "no." I mean I suppose I am but I usually claim Cali first. Agreeing with me he says, "yes you are not very black." Hmmm, oh okay (confused face).

Him: So do you have a boyfriend, are you married?
Me: Nope.
Him: Why not?
Me: I dunno (If I did know I would totally fix the issue and have one or at least be getting some.)
Him Maybe some guy likes you but you don't want him?
Me: None that I know of.
Him: No guy is in love with you?
Me: If one is they didn't tell me
Him: What kinda guy you like
Me: Tall, Nice, Funny, Handsome, Smart
Him: Tall you maybe get, 2-3 inches, 62 - 82% (where he was pulling these percentages from I don't know but I need to find his sources)
Me: That sounds good
Him: Nice maybe to 60 - 80%
Me: Sounds good
Him: Handsome yes 60 - 80 %
Me: Still sounds good
Him: Smart is much harder. Handsome and smart you will not get.
Me: Oh okay (followed by a sad face)
Him: Too many ladies want them
Me: oh, what about smart and ugly?

So after crushing my dreams of having it all, cabbie tried to sell me some Amway. Gave me his card and everything. Sources tell me Amway has really good Laundry detergent. Well if I can't have a smart and handsome guy maybe I will at least get some great laundry detergent.

Part 2 to be continued after tonight's events - which means probably in the morning.

S.

PART 2

Technically it is already tomorrow. However, I must finish writing about today's events. So we started the night a bit early, 7 pm, that's when I left my flat. Note to self: 7 pm is too early to start a night of debauchery and fun, you end up sleepy at 11:30. We headed over to the Eastbay , Oakland to the "Art Murmur." My understanding of the event was you go from gallery to gallery not really looking at the art and trying to find free booze. So... we looked at some art. WOO!! not really though. Had some red wine. WOO!. We were forced to stay in a gallery until we finished our beers. Held captive really, surrounded by hipsters galore. Nooooo! It was pretty uneventful but really eventful night.

The best part of the evening, as cheesey as it was, was just hanging out with my gurls being stupid. That was fun. We didn't really talk about boys and how they wronged us - which was nice. We just were our silly gurly selves. Photo shoot on the BART, the BART lady that was gonna kill us, yummy food at Straits, then home. Oh and the rain. YES! It's raining in SF can you believe it.

Anywho I am pooped, I started my evening at 7 pm! Night.


S.

No comments: