Although breaking the sabbatical is now all my fault, I'd like to scapegoat facebook. Last week Wednesday the guy who I happened to share my birthday with (see day 13) was once again at my house for pumpkin carving, seed roasting, wine and flirting. As he left we mentioned befriending each other of facebook.
This then morphed into a 12 message thread over the past 5 days which included talk of singing pumpkins, genies, beaches, wish granting and mind reading. The mind reading pinnacled in the last message with him writing "But I think it might look a little suspicious if I just randomly show up to your house with a vat of chocolate frosting and a paddle." and me responding with "Anyway chocolate frosting and a paddle always sounds like a good idea until you have to wash the bedding. Maybe it would be less suspicious if you just randomly showed up at my house? But then again maybe not..."My response has received no response. Leading me to believe that I have embarrassed myself slightly too much by posting this. Perhaps it's for the best as apparently my roommate isn't supposed to find out we've "hung out" or are messaging for reasons I don't understand because I cant ask.
I should have prefaced this posted by saying that I don't enjoy having a crush of any sort and hate that a few facebook message threads even made me think stupid girl thoughts. Like assuming I'd come home to a ridiculous, possibly insulting, but humorous response/message. ::shurg:: Nothing like a little dose of rejection to get that ego in check - a night in the marina might have padded it too much anyway. Time to dream of more soup from Burma Superstar or maybe that I have mad dancing skils - tomorrow is salsa.
No comments:
Post a Comment