Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 49: This continues to be just like high school

So I've got a crush on a boy. Two boys, actually.

Boy #1
The first boy asked me to have coffee with him so he could kill me. Ok not really, it was for a game we're playing called Assassins. I'm a little bitter. But he's cute. We've been exchanging messages via Facebook. Maybe he'll aske me to coffee again. But pay this time. I'd have sex with him then.








Boy #2
Boy #2 is my former Law School Crush, who I got over because I realized he's a douchebag, but then I had another moment of clarity wherein I realized he's actually just sensitive and slightly (ok maybe more than slightly) screwed up. And me being me, I am of course totally attracted to this. Also I think we'd have the craziest-looking kids ever. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Because if threre's anything I've learned in the past couple of months, it's that I should never, ever trust my instincts with men. Because I like the screwed-up ones. The ones who will ignore me and tell me they can't handle a relationship, but let's just keep having sex anyway.


Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? Got that down. Now I've just got to work on Step 2: Not Doing The Stupid Thing.

Speaking of problems, the other day I meant to study, but walked thirty blocks in search of a Starbucks that a)had space and b) didn't look sad and/or shady only to end up in front of Filene's Basement. So I bought a pair of jeans instead. Oops. The week before, I bought a winter coat at Uniqlo. That doesn't count though because it was on sale and only cost $80 - I had expected to spend at least twice that! As a reward for my bargain-hunting skills I bought myself a really warm sweater [dress]. (I put "dress" in brackets because I think it's just supposed to be a really long sweater, but it totally works as a dress.) It's not my fault though, it's the economy - every week some store seems to be having an amazing sale to try and entice poor susceptible souls like myself to buy something. It ought to be illegal. Oooh, maybe it is illegal. I wonder if I can sue...

No comments: