Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 43: The secret to inner peace

I realized today that, for the first time possibly since I was 13 or so, I'm truly and completely single. Not single in a "I'm not dating anyone but there's this guy I hook up with" kind of way. No "It's complicated" on my Facebook page. I don't even really have a crush on anyone. And, you know, it's pretty darn cool. Boys take up so much time. And even when they're not physically taking up your time, they're making you so sad/angry/anxious that they haven't called that you can't really get anything done.

Now though, the possibilities are endless. I can study really hard, get good grades, and get an amazing government job after graduation (because now that Obama's in office, I'm actually considering working for the goverment!) Or I can not study and go out instead - and since I'm not worried about trying to flirt with/impress anyone, I can flirt with anyone I want! Or not and just dance and have a good time. Of course what I've actually been doing is planning vacations I probably won't end up taking, and shopping. And sipping wine. (For some reason I thought I'd save money by buying a giant magnum-sized bottle of wine instead of a regular one. At the time I must've been contemplating becoming an alcoholic because that is a lot of fucking wine. Not to mention my juice-box wine...)

(These aren't my feet. But they could be. Except for the fugly shoes. And my feet are like four shades darker. Point is, my feet = BIG)

Oh, on the non-boy-related front, I have a new nephew!! I am a reeally bad aunt though because I forgot my sister-in-law was scheduled to have him, and only found out he had been born when I called to apologize to my sister for the birthday card that got returned for lack of postage. Hopefully she won't share this with the family. That brings the grand total to 4: 2 nephews, 2 nieces. And still another sister who's dying to start popping out babies. Which means I can live out my life's dream of being a godless, childless whore who lives a fabulous life in the big city. Because really the only thing stopping me is that I actually really like children, but now I can have them around without ruining my figure or feet. (You know about the feet-growing-during pregnancy thing, right? For someone who's already got size 10.5 - 11 feet, this is a serious concern.)

No comments: