Unfortunately while we were getting giddy over the possibly of harnessing the natural elements in urine to block radiation for future life on the moon, while simultaneously filtering it creating a natural power source we mo
ved next to a young scientist named Leaf (names have not been changed to protect the innocent). Although Leaf was not the man of my dreams he did grow up on a goat farm, is inventing a bike would propel you forward using the wind biking creates and oh yeah he's a scientist. So when he asked me for my number I gave it to him - blinded by science/goat farming (I love cheese).I wish I could say we meet for coffee like he proposed or that I'd called him like a texted I would...butttttt I flaked. Lesson I have already learned, relearned. Just say no initially and don't be a bitch.
Although the scientist, with justification, probably thinks I'm mean a guy named Thomas (*real name) had no justification thinking this about me and successfully engaged me in the strangest conversation(s) I've ever had with a non-homeless person. Thomas approached me an excellent,fun, dancing included hat-themed house party on Saturday after the tall, dark and handsome guy I was talking to left for the bathroom.
A word of word recollection of the conversation is completely impossible thanks to the generosity of the hosts of the party, but I defiantly recall his approach. As I'm standing around waiting contemplating finding my friends curly haired, kind of geeky Thomas rolls up and states that if he were as tall and handsome as the guy I'd been talking to I'd be talking to him instead. However, since he wasn't I wouldn't talk to him even though he was a nice guy. Whooaaaa.
I was insulted but found it assuming and told him he was probably correct and I commended him for his honesty. It's hard to damped your mood after you've been given a rose and hand out the petals to confused party goers. Anyway, he chats away about his inferiority's, tells me he's never actually dated anyone and then calls me out of looking over my shoulder for the mystery man. This "nice guy" tells me I'd probably rather be hanging out with other guy and I leave.
Downstairs I find my friends, more booze and the mystery man. Excellent until Thomas comes up to me, interrupts my conversation and starts asking me if I'm happier
now that I'm talking to the handsome guy again, what's so wrong with him etc and gives me his business card. He does this while I'm politely telling him he's crossed the line, our conversation is over and he needs to leave. Lesson learned, eloquently put by a friend, "Guys that say they're nice guys are always ass-holes."The rest of the night was spent flirting, dancing, and lip locking with tall, dark and handsome and breaking my roommates plumed, roman helmet (it's back in the fireplace and you can't tell). Before leaving, t.d.h. asked me if I'd like to go home with him tonight or have him call me later. Drummmmm Rollllll Pleaseeeeee, I said I'd prefer to have him call me later (aka refused a boy I would have actually liked to hang out with). This is officially the nicest way anyone has ever asked me to leave with them, but apparently it's niceness makes it ineffective? Lesson learned: refusing the offer does not equal a phone call, but that means I probably won't have gotten one if I'd accepted. (Please note: I smelt this no call karma coming from a mile away.)
I have switched from being proud of myself to thinking opportunity for fun lost and convincing myself that if I'd gone home with him I'd have gotten mugged, unknowingly filmed, an std or something of that nature. It's still progress on the being responsible front.
No comments:
Post a Comment