So to echo what MJ said, OMG! I am so excited for President Obama!!!! I spent the last five days campaigning down in Virginia and it was the greatest experience possibly of my life. I've decided that Obama is the only man I need.But to recap the last moments of Man Sabbatical Month:
Late last week: Rejection. I think?
I talked to The Boy and basically told him that either we have something like a normal relationship or we just stop this whole "we're just friends except not really" thing. And he told me he couldn't give me an answer. Which I decided was my answer. But that was ok, because I went shopping and bought an awesome Theory suit. Someone told me it made me look like one of Charlie's Angels. So that made it better.
Thursday night: Halloween Party
I won't tell you what I went as because it's only funny to law students (and not even realy then) but it involved wearing a slip. and hot silver heels. Best part was that the Boy with Shampoo Commerical Hair and I decided at some point while pre-partying that he should go as White Guilt, and I should carry around a cane to beat him periodically.
Friday thru Wed. morning: Volunteering in VA and the most awesome Election Day ever!!!
I can't even explain how amazing this experience was. I have never been happier to stand out in the rain for 14 hours. Ask me and I'll tell you stories, but there were so many amazing people - grandmothers, immigrant families, thugs in low-riders, the woman who just had her leg amputated - that I met who turned out to vote. Also, we now have the most attractive President and First Lady - suck it, France!!
Wed. Afternoon - Now: This Place Sucks
I'm currently alternating between post-election high and hating law school and 90% of the people here. This place really does suck your soul away if you let it. We pulled up Wed. afternoon in our van covered with Obama signs, honking and cheering, and everyone just stared. And I've really noticed how sad and stressed and uptight most people here are. All anyone talks about is whether or not they'll be able to get a firm job and make a pile of money this summer. But I'm not going to let it break me down!!! And that goes double for boys - I'm not going to let them make me feel bad about myself or neglect the important things in life. Like friends, shopping, and planning my winter vacation!!!
Oh and I just checked my email and The Boy wants to talk. But you know what? I'm already over it. In fact, I just might say I'm not sure we have anything to talk about...
No comments:
Post a Comment